An ongoing project by Blanca Martinez de Rituerto and Joe Sparrow.

Follow us on our offical Facebook page!

Buy Our Books!

Saturday 29 September 2012

Hippogriff



The Hippogriff is a classic fantasy creature, half eagle and half horse. Not as classic as the griffin. Actually the first time I heard of a hippogriff was in The Prisoner of Azkaban and not really sure if they were for real or not. Seems a bit like the griffin's dorkier cousin. Their eggs are valuable though and they make decent mounts.

Haven't animate anything in a while and I wanted to try out Photoshop's animation function. It's frustratingly basic, but at least I can use its brushes. I animated the basic hippogriff in Flash, then painted it and the background in Photoshop and comped it in After Effects. Finally made myself figure out scrolling backgrounds (with some help).

4 comments:

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippogriff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was trying to catch up on this blog (hadn't read it in a month or so), and had to stop at this for a minute because my god that's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why it won't load.... sad day.

    ReplyDelete