An ongoing project by Blanca Martinez de Rituerto and Joe Sparrow.

Follow us on our offical Facebook page!

Buy Our Books!

Sunday 20 February 2011

Frost Giant


The Frost Giant is a massive blue-skinned humanoid that makes its lair in icy caves. They live in groups, ruled by their wisest, strongest and most evil among them, called Jarl, and served by slaves snatched from raids.

Okay, I'm going to straight-up admit that I strayed a little from the desciption in the books, becaue the books essentially describe 15-foot tall blue Vikings. Not that Vikings are bad or anything, since the Frost Giant is based on the jotunn anyway, but I just wanted to do something a little different.

I feel all rested up now from doing that big animation for the last post. Maybe I'll start a new one.

Edit: Now with alternate colors. Does anybody have a favourite version?

6 comments:

  1. Hey I really like him!!

    If I could be so bold, I'd suggest loosening the contrast in the background a bit so it's easier to look at the Frost Giant

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mask actually looks a lot like a Hopi Kachina Doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mi me gusta la de colores porque el azul es el color del frío...brrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. This interpretation is going in my Polar/Arctic realm stat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and the second color schema is more redolent of frost, I think.

    ReplyDelete